I' M NEW
Ephesians 4:11 tells us God has given the leadership of the five-fold ministry to equip the body of Christ. Our values reflect the responsibility of the church body to “do the work of the ministry" as Ephesians 4:12 states: "(Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers are given) …for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."
1. We believe that every person is valuable to God and His Kingdom.
Every ministry and activity's core responsibility is to expect that people will be drawn to Christ, and that responsible discipleship can bring a life change that places people into their rightful place in the Kingdom of God.
2. We believe that we are a part of the Church of Madera, and in so part of the body of Christ in the world.
We desire and will work towards unity within the entire body of Christ here in Madera and throughout the world. We will recognize our responsibility to pray for, and act upon opportunities to display unity.
3. We believe that the individual and corporate prayer life of His church brings the intimacy, direction and protection that our church cannot function apart from.
We desire to find the heart of God, and agree with Him as we seek spiritual and practical direction for this church body. We expect this to be an attribute that will be resident within our entire church body.
4. We believe in the reality that this is His church, and that we must operate as a body in unity under His headship.
Church as a Team is one of God’s effective designs for ministry. This may not be the only way, but it is the way that Valley West Christian Center is choosing to encourage the people in our fellowship to be a part of the body, and not be disengaged.
5. We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed and deployed.
Each believer will find their greatest joy and fulfillment when they realize the destiny that God has placed within their lives.
6. We believe that every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth.
We believe that Christ has a mandate for growth on his people. We are His chosen example to a lost world, and should desire to move towards a closer relationship with Christ. We know that a disciple of Christ will be constantly confronted with change in their life. We embrace this opportunity.
7. We believe that genuine love and caring relationships are the life giving flow to every activity or ministry.
Knowing that all we do at Valley West is to bring growth to the body of Christ here, we recognize that agape love is the climate in which allows people to flourish. An un-offendable spirit allows us to operate in love and forgiveness, and viewing others through the eyes of Jesus allows us to see the unlimited possibilities each life offers.
8. We believe that the most effective evangelism happens through people loving people. Evangelism, or sharing the message of the love of Jesus, should become a normal overflow of our daily life. Speaking into the lives of our neighbors, co-workers, those we spend time with in the community and our family members should be an expression of our genuine love and compassion.
9. We believe in identifying and training those that God has set apart to reach their generation with the message of Christ’s love.
God is raising up men and women, young men and women, as well as children who will take the baton of Godly character, radical faith and servant leadership into their areas of influence.
10. We believe that God is worthy of our very best.
A growing spirit of excellence, with joy, unto completion will permeate every activity. We recognize that God is the Creator, and perfect in His order. We also recognize that the essence of the supernatural is that it overrides order, therefore becoming “nothing else but God.” We prepare with God’s creative element, to allow for His supernatural appearance.